Monday, October 08, 2007

The following are a series of sketches from my recent trip to the Monterey Bay Aquarium.A random fish in the giant kelp tank.Fish feeding time...
A second fish tank with the very cool looking "Sun fish" which I forgot to sketch... =P
Sleeping otters...its interesting to see so many people-men and women, and especially kids just crumble at the cuteness of these little guys...
Another otter chillin' on his/her(?) own.
A part of a very cool looking machine on exhibit...I think it's some short of canning machine from "Cannery Row". I didn't pay attention much to the signs or movies playing in the background chronicling the history of this very unique California town.

4 comments:

Jennie said...

I love that round lone otter. He looks like he's crossing his arms! I vividly remember the aquarium tank with the gigantic tuna.

I also like the varying degrees of detail.

Great work! =)

Brandon Luyen said...

Thanks Jennie!

Have you seen the otters holding hands clip on Youtube?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epUk3T2Kfno

B

Nikki Lukas Longfish said...

awesome sketches, thanks for sharing!

anima-base said...

It's a cool machine sketch..
Lights and Shades are attractive.